Skills targeted by the training
Handle food in a way that maintains its quality and safety:
- Acknowledge responsibility for food handling and food safety
- Apply best practices and meet food handling requirements.
Content of the training
Food preservation temperature
- Work methods to avoid food contamination
- General hygiene principles applicable to anyone who comes in contact with food or food contact materials or equipment
- Procedures for cleaning, sanitizing or disinfecting materials and equipment
- Environmental sources of food contamination
- Microbiological, physical and chemical hazards related to food hygiene and safety
- Food provenance
- Food labeling
The passing grade on the exam is 60% and the Good Food Safety and Hygiene Practices Guide is allowed on the exam. The exam lasts a maximum of 30 minutes.
If you fail the exam, you may request a retest within 90 days of the date you receive notice of your failure.
MAPAQ will send you a training certificate by mail, in the weeks following the successful completion of the exam. Note that the certificate belongs to the holder.
Course Management Policy
- Uploaded documents are automatically sent after the order to the email box provided by the customer. For mail orders, please allow a maximum of 10 business days.
- Certificates are issued under the following conditions:
– The additional training exercises have been completed and corrected to the satisfaction of the trainer;
– The fees have been paid in full.
- Any questions regarding a training can be addressed by email at any time, or by phone, during office hours, Monday to Friday from 9:00 am to 4:30 pm. A response will be provided as soon as possible. Collect calls are accepted.
- Attestations are sent by MAPAQ to the client’s address only. Forméduc makes no commitment to send certificates to the Coordinating Offices or any of the client’s employers.
- No refunds are given for distance learning.
- All prices include handling fees, when applicable.
- Prices are subject to change without notice.